A great picture can capture your deepest emotions and give you the opportunity to relive the most beautiful moments of your life over and over again. But unless you live in a really big house, you couldn’t possibly afford the luxury to gather hundreds of photo albums and other types of souvenirs without having to trim your collections every once in a while.
Protect Paper Goods Left in Storage in 6 Easy Steps
At some point, you may feel compelled to rely on self storage in Pearson Airport to find the best spot for your priceless keepsakes. To make the most of a perfect self storage experience, follow these easy tips to keep your memories intact inside your unit.
- Collect, Sort and Label. Losing small items during a big move is easier than you may think, especially when you’re not organized. Therefore, you should start to de-clutter your home by rounding up your printed memories and sorting them on a large, clean surface. Put the pictures that you’re planning on saving in labeled envelopes or albums and discard the rest.
- Create Beautiful Family Yearbooks. Instead of filling plastic containers with dozens of labeled envelopes, simplify your job by creating a stunning family yearbook designed to protect all the quality photos that you have taken in the last year.
- Go Digital. Even when you manage and store your pictures with care, at some point you could have a hard time trying to retrieve some of the pieces of your large collection of keepsakes. This is one of the main reasons why you should get your printed photos scanned and saved on a memory card, memory stick or a CD. All these computer storage solutions can also find their place inside a climate-controlled self storage unit.
- Protect and Cherish Your Family History. On the other hand, you may also have quite a few photos of your grandparents and great-grandparents. These photos were probably printed from film and have already yellowed and aged to a certain extent in your albums. In this case, you should know that there are quite a few companies that can scan such photos, allowing you to create and store copies that your children and grandchildren could hold on to for many more years to come.
- Opt for Proper Storage Conditions. Documents, photos and paper-based artwork require special storage conditions. It is best to keep these items in a room with a cool, relatively dry environment with a humidity level below 35%.
- Store Your Valuables the Right Way. How you store your temperature-sensitive paper goods is just as important as where you store them. Deposit your paperwork flat and unfolded, or go for rolled storage if you have to manage oversized papers. Also, buy and use quality supportive enclosures, such as acid-free folders, mats, polyester film sleeves or document boxes. Don’t forget to research your options in terms of self storage in Pearson Airport and profit from the discounted rates introduced by Iron Gate Storage.
Vancouver, WA 98661