A recent survey shows that one in every 11 American households rents space in a storage facility. The average rental time for storage facility spaces in 15 months. The first storage facilities were built in Texas in the latter part of the 60s. In the early 70s after the idea took hold, large companies began building them all over the US.
When using a storage facility makes sense
There are many reasons why people use Vancouver storage facilities today:
- A huge number of higher volume eBay sellers use storage facilities to house the goods they sell.
- With the advent of cell phones, people starting a business often use storage facilities as offices and shipping centers.
- When people have sold their home and cannot get into their new home, storage facilities provide a place for them to store their belongings. Statistics show that the average American changes residences 11 times in his lifetime.
- Sales personnel use the facilities to keep their samples and supplies in so they do not have to keep them in their homes
- Reformed clutter bugs find a haven for the things with which they absolutely cannot part in storage facilities.
- People living in ranch style houses and older houses with small closets and no attics or basements need the extra storage space offered by storage facilities.
- RV and boat storage for people with small yards is also quite popular.
- Often storage facilities offer more security than homes, so some people store their valuables in storage facility units. Not only are the units locked, they are protected by a security fence, a gated entrance accessible only during limited after hours, bright exterior lighting, surveillance cameras, security guards, and daytime onsite management. This is far more protection than the average home has.
- Parents of small children can safely store items such as power tools, ladders, saws, and drills away from the curious hands of small children too young to educate about the tools.
- Storage units have also been rented a month prior to Christmas as a place to store and wrap Christmas gifts away from the prying eyes of one’s family.
Pearson Airport storage units are a great place for all these storage ideas.
Vancouver, WA 98661