Once again, the summer has flown right by us. It is hard to believe that it is almost time for changing leaves and earlier sunsets again. For many people in the Vancouver area, the changing season also means that it is time to make preparations for their boat. A self-storage facility can be a great place to keep your boat during the offseason. If you have any questions about Pearson Airport boat storage, please do not hesitate to contact the dedicated professionals at Iron Gate storage today.
Four Tips for Winter Boat Storage
- Clean your boat: Similar to other big ticket items, you should thoroughly clean your boat before putting it into storage. This will help protect your boat from any potential damage and will ensure that it stays in great shape over the winter. Put simply, left over water can cause damage. You need to eliminate that risk.
- Make your repairs now: In the event that your boat does need some repairs, it is best to take care of those issues now. By doing so, you can be confident that your craft will be fresh and ready to go once spring rolls around.
- Winterize your boat’s motor: Most likely, you will need to add a fuel stabilizer to your boat’s motor before you can place into winter storage. The process should always be done in accordance with your boat’s operator’s manual.
- Flush out the cooling system: Finally, your boat’s cooling system should be thoroughly flushed out before you place it into storage. Flushing the system will remove debris and ensure that your boat is better protected from potential damage.
Choosing the Right Storage Facility for Your Boat
Before you select a storage facility, you always need to be sure that the facility can truly meets your needs. This is especially important when it comes to boat storage, as not every storage facility can handle a boat. Some places may try to make special arrangements to accommodate you, but it is much better to select a facility that has extensive experience handling boats, RVs and other motorized vehicles. At the Pearson Airport location of Iron Gate Storage, we know how to store your boat. Our facilities are always well maintained and we can ensure that your boat will be properly protected. Even better, will can do it all at a reasonable price. Our team has devoted a tremendous amount of effort to providing a safe and secure premises for our customers. At Pearson Airport we offer:
- A secure gate that surrounds our property;
- An entrance that is fully protected by a secure pin code system;
- 24/7 video monitoring throughout our property;
- Individual alarms for all self storage units; and
- An on-site manager who will always keep a close eye on your unit.
Looking for Storage Space at Pearson Airport in Vancouver?
Whether it is storage space for your boat, or any other item, we can help. Please do not hesitate to contact Iron Gate Storage to learn more about what our team can do for you. We would be happy to hear from you!
Vancouver, WA 98661