As the trend towards downsizing continues to increase among both Millennials and retirees, it makes sense to use one of our Vancouver storage units to store belongings you do not use regularly. At Iron Gate Storage, we provide clean, secure spaces to suit any budget, allowing you to preserve furnishings, mementos, and keepsakes, rather than donating or selling them at a loss.
A Vancouver Storage Unit Can Help Downsize Living Space
According to Realtor.com, downsizing continues to be a priority among home buyers. While investing in a property with less square footage or opting for a smaller apartment can help save you money in terms of mortgage or rent and utilities, it can also mean downsizing your furnishings and sacrificing storage space. Fortunately, our Vancouver storage units offer the perfect solution.
With convenient, clean indoor units that come in a variety of sizes, you can hold onto household goods and furnishings, which have low resale value, for future use. Our units also help you preserve personal mementos and family heirlooms so they can be enjoyed by future generations. Items that can be easily stored at our Vancouver storage unit facility include:
- Sectional sofas, couches, loveseats, and recliners,
- Formal dining room furniture and china;
- Dressers, oversized headboards, and mattresses;
- Books, bookcases, and home décor items;
- Antiques, including home furnishings, paintings, and collectible items;
- Sports or recreational equipment and hobby supplies.
- Patio or lawn furnishings and yard maintenance tools.
Vancouver Storage Units: A Cost-Effective Way to Save Space
Once the decision to downsize is made, a Vancouver storage unit can help you make the best use of the space you do have. Rather than cluttering closets or cabinets, you can select a unit from a variety of sizes to store items you do not use regularly, including:
- Holiday décor, such as lights, ornaments, table centerpieces, and door wreaths;
- Entertaining supplies, such as extra linens, serving dishes, and glassware;
- Off-season clothing, particularly bulky winter boots, sweaters, and jackets;
- Home office supplies, product warranties, past tax returns, and other important documents.
With current housing costs, renting a storage unit in Vancouver to get the space you need makes good financial sense. Trulia advises that in the Vancouver area, two bedroom apartments average $1,300 per month or more, while the average cost per square foot of homes is $192. For less than this price, you can get a spacious, secure indoor unit at our Vancouver storage unit facility that is easily accessible, and still have money left over each month.
Visit Iron Gate Storage at Our Vancouver Facility Today
To see for yourself the many amenities we offer, visit Iron Gate Storage at our Vancouver storage unit facility today. Our office is located at 2410 E. 5th Street, near Route 14 and Interstate 5, and is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., and from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. every Sunday. Our helpful staff will be happy to give you a tour of the facilities and can help you select the unit that best fits your needs.