Quality furniture is a major investment. If you are in the process of moving, or building, buying, or selling a home, our Vancouver storage units can help protect it. At Iron Gate Storage, we offer clean, affordable spaces in a variety of sizes, at a secure facility where your belongings will be protected. Whether you intend to reuse these items in a new home or simply wish to hang on to them so they can be used and enjoyed by family and friends, by following a few simple tips you can help ensure your furnishings remain in top condition.
Vancouver Storage Units for Homeowners
When it comes to home furnishings, our Vancouver storage units offer benefits to those who own their own home, as well as to home renters and those who live in apartments. Our units are suitable for storing everything from complete furniture sets to miscellaneous items. Furnishing pieces you may want to consider for storage include:
- Sofas, love seats, and recliners;
- Dining room tables, chairs, and hutches;
- Bedroom furniture, including children’s items such as cribs and junior size mattresses;
- Guest room furniture, such as rollaway beds;
- Patio and outdoor furniture;
- Home furnishings, such as lamps, nightstands, and end tables.
At Iron Gate Storage, we offer units to use temporarily while you move or until a home remodeling project is completed, as well as those for long-terms arrangements, such as when downsizing your living space. According to the home decorating website Houzz, it can cost upwards of $15,000 or more to furnish an average size home. In addition to knowing your investment will be kept safe, you benefit by not having to sell furnishings for far less than they are worth, only to have to rebuy them again, further down the line.
Tips For Keeping Furniture In Our Vancouver Storage Units
At our Vancouver storage unit facility located on 12406 SE 5th Street, we feature climate controlled spaces with individual security alarms, Our onsite management team is available when you need assistance, and individual pin codes ensure your belongings are easily accessible when you need them. When keeping furniture in storage, Angie’s List provides the following tips:
- Make sure all items are thoroughly clean and dry before placing in your Vancouver storage unit. For larger items, use a cleaning service, and spot treat any stains.
- Carefully look over your furnishings and make any needed repairs. Fill in chips, mend tears in fabric, and adjust loose fixtures.
- If you disassemble items, make sure to keep all loose bolts, screws, and parts together, and jot down directions for reassembly.
- Wrap delicate and fragile items in bubble wrap or packing material, which we have available at our storage facility, and use padding to protect corners of couches, bed posts, and tables.
- Make the most of your Vancouver storage unit space by considering alternate placement arrangements, such as storing coffee tables, couches, and mattress on their ends.
To find out more about how a Vancouver storage unit can meet your needs, call or visit our facility and speak to one of our friendly staff members today.